Saturday, December 27, 2014

Baked Tilapia with Tomato & Lime Medley - 9 more days...



Baked Tilapia with Tomato & Lime Medley


Tonight's masterpiece was actually very tasty and had hardly any carbs!  One piece has only 2 carbs but I had two pieces…  I think I'd add a little more lime next time.
Oh how I wish our barbeque hadn't run out of propane - I baked this in the oven but I would rather have cooked it on the barbie! 

6 Tilapia fillets
1 medium Roma tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Set fish fillets on foil, side by side, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  In small bowl mix vegies, lime juice and oil.  Spread over vegies fish and bake for 8 minutes on one side.  Turn with spatula and bake another 2 minutes then set to broil (or transfer to broiler) and broil another 3-6 minutes or until fish is flakey.  One piece has:

Calories 137
Carbs 2
Fat 4
Protein 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this please leave a comment to encourage others to read it!