Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Mystery Revealed...



                The mystery, having been hidden, was finally revealed in its fullness in the Word of God.  This mystery, says Paul, is the manifold wisdom of God and the grace of God, given to those willing to be reconciled to God, making them heirs and partakers of the promise of the coming Messiah, that is, Jesus Christ.
                With this in mind, it is a little mind blowing to recognize that I am part of this manifold wisdom on display! – the wisdom that angels and the rulers in the spiritual realms have longed to look into …but have not been able to comprehend. 
What a concept: God, working in me so that I, in turn, give Him glory…
Why would the Divine entrust humans (me?) to display His glory?  
                As I consider the admonition to 'put off my old self and be made new in the attitude of my mind',  I recognize how far I fall short.  The Psalmist says the words of my mouth spring from my heart…but sometimes, from the deep well of my selfishness, ugly words bubble to the surface…words that have torn, and rent, and scarred relationships.    
                As bizarre as this sounds, the manifold wisdom of God can be seen in action when we recognize our inability to 'be good'. Ephesians says that God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to HIS POWER that is already at work within us. The unfolding of this wisdom, which brings God glory, is not dependent on you or me. It is according to Him and His power. Again I ask, WHY would He choose humans (me?) to display His glory?
                Today as I prayed I felt the urge to remind the spiritual rulers in the heavenly realms, and myself, that My God’s wisdom is being revealed in me. Did I mention that this is happening because of His power and not because of anything I can or will to do? That God would use me to display His wisdom before heavenly beings is beyond comprehension to me. Could it be possible?  Read Ephesians chapter three and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this please leave a comment to encourage others to read it!