Monday, September 21, 2015

Why Do Some People See Dramatic Results In Ketosis... And Others Don't? part 4



Over the past few days I've been telling you about a few factors that I think may cause different results between people who follow Ketones Aren't From Motown

My final thought on why two people can eat and move the same and yet have drastically different results is FAT.  When I say FAT I do not mean body fat.  I mean dietary FAT.  What I am going say flies in the face of all I read when doing my research and seemingly contradicts the idea of figuring out your own personal Macros.  It is based strictly on my own personal experience.  I have had to adjust my Macros occasionally as I went along, especially in the early months.  I found that when I did not eat enough FAT in my diet I experienced diarrhea.  When I ate too much FAT I didn't gain but I also didn't lose.  It seemed that the FAT in cheese and less fibrous nuts were the troublemakers, so I limited my intake to one serving of each per day. 
I think it really has to do with our individual digestive systems and how we process the food we eat.  My friend Conni ate lots of cheese and still lost weight. I have been suspicious of a wheat intolerance in my own body for over a decade and I find that when I eat bread or pasta on a splurge I get bloated and constipated, but if I have the same number of carbs in ice cream or beer I don't have the same trouble.  We each have our own unique systems that need to stay in balance for optimal performance.  Get to know your bodies likes and dislikes and work with it.  Tweak your Macros and pay attention to the FAT you're eating as well as the KIND of FAT and carbs you're eating. There may be some that are better for your body than others, so pay attention!  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this please leave a comment to encourage others to read it!